The total score for the depression calculator is the sum of the scores for each question.
Score of 0-8: indicates mild depression.
Score of 09-16: indicates moderate depression.
Score of 17-24: indicates severe depression.
- Mild depression:
- Talk to a trusted friend or family member about how you’re feeling.
- Make an appointment with your doctor or mental health professional.
- Start practicing self-care activities, such as getting enough sleep, eating healthy foods, and exercising regularly.
- Join a support group or online forum for people with depression.
- Moderate depression:
- In addition to the suggestions for mild depression, consider starting medication or therapy.
- Make sure you have a strong support system in place.
- Be patient with yourself and don’t give up on your recovery.
- Severe depression:
- In addition to the suggestions for mild and moderate depression, consider seeking inpatient treatment.
- Let your loved ones know how you’re feeling and ask for their help.
- Don’t be afraid to reach out for professional help.
It is important to note that the depression calculator is not a diagnostic tool. If you are concerned that you may be depressed, it is important to see a doctor or mental health professional for a diagnosis and treatment.
[The calculator is still under development]
Don’t know what to do?